‘’To Foster a Professional Armed Forces Capable of Effectively Meeting Constitutional Imperatives’’
KEY DRIVERS OF CDS LEADERSHIP FOCUS
TOP SEVEN HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF LEADERSHIP PHILOSOPHY
- Lead Professional Armed Forces capable of effectively meeting constitutional imperatives. The broad benchmark shall be anchored on Professional Effectiveness Agility, Result Orientation and Loyalty (PEARL)
- Lead through a controlled system of shared and expanded responsibilities across the entire system. The objective is to optimize the benefits of Consolidative leadership at all levels of the AFN
- Lead an AFN driven by Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant and Time-Bound (SMART) military objectives.
- Promote collectivism as a fundamental principle in all our domestic and international interactions and action. This will be achieved through proactive cooperation, consultation, consideration and collaboration (4Cs). There will be expanded diplomacy between the military and other relevant institutions.
- Create a more effective environment for personnel motivation and active followership. An AFN that will be knowledge-driven, skill-based, creative, committed, passionate, ethical and citizen-centric.
- Ensured Rapid Adaptability To evolving security threats and technological advance
- Continue the preservation of Nigeria sovereignty, territorial integrity, peace, unity and progress of the nation.